Paint grade wood types explained:
Smooth, durable, and Eco Friendly. Barker Cabinets provides only the best quality cabinet finishes available. Order a sample today to see for yourself!
All cabinets are available in raw/sanded wood types of your choice. IN addition, you have the option to order your cabinets factory finished with some of the most durable finishes available to the professional cabinet market. Enjoy the ability to assemble and install your cabinets without the headache of finishing them on-site. A factory finish ensure a high-end product that will withstand the test of time and abuse.
Barker Factory industrial finishes are a great way to enhance/speed up your cabinet project with a furniture grade high-end feel. Here are a few attributes to consider:
- Extreme durability, tested to stand up to moisture and daily use
- Will not chip or gum up like latex based paints or lacquer based stains
- Smooth and even texture with satin sheen creates a rich and engaging feel
- Scratch resistant and easy to clean
- Furniture grade quality
- 16 to 24 hours oven/heated cure time (ensures finish is nice and hard prior to packaging/transit)
- 2 coats primer/sealer and 2 coats paint/stain ensures a superior bond to the raw wood surface
- Hand sanded and sprayed, oven cured, and closely monitored for perfection on every piece
The front edge of the cabinet case is edge banded with a sheen and color matched wood edge-banding. Our cabinet face edge-banding is hot glued in place using an industrial edge-bander. Hot-glued edge-banding eliminates peeling and adds extremely durability and logevity to our cabinet line.
*Real wood edge banding is used on cabinets that are ordered in raw wood, CLEARCOAT, ESPRESSO, and TAMARACK.
*Color and sheen matched PVC edge banding is used for cabinets ordered with PURE WHITE, DOVER WHITE, and GREY COLORS. PVC has tested to be stronger and more durable than real wood edge banding while matching up very closely to our paint colors.